News about the premier academic journal devoted to all aspects of cartooning and comics -- the International Journal of Comic Art (ISSN 1531-6793) published and edited by John Lent.

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Exhibitions of the 47th Angoulème International Comics Festival Reviews: À suivre!

So much for live-blogging!

Apologies for the radio silence on this blog for any presence of in situ commentary as was set out in my introductory email. My intentions were genuine but I underestimated my time, energy and technological capability on the road during the festival. Since the festival opened on Thursday morning, I’ve hustled to catch 14 exhibitions: five on Thursday, four on Friday and another five on Saturday. Between that, the inevitable signing sessions that crossed my path, and all of the rich hearty meals that form the basis of any real social interaction at this festival, running on fumes and adrenaline can only take one so far.

I still have one major exhibition to cover before I leave town at 12h30 on Sunday, so once I have that in the bag I’ll start organizing my notes and photos for proper posting. In the meantime, please accept these photos of the title panels of the exhibitions that I have so far as a hint of what is to come. They are presented below in the order that I saw the exhibitions.

Thanks in advance for your (aka Mike Rhode’s) patience!

Nick Nguyen

All photos taken by Nick Nguyen.






















No comments: