The Canadian Committee for World Press Freedom 13th International Editorial Cartoon Competition
1.The theme for the 13th International Editorial Cartoon Competition is:
Hard times and free speech
When journalists and cartoonist face economic uncertainty or threats to their employment, there is great pressure to give up on tackling tough stories, give in to self-censorship or give attention to sensationalist journalism in the service of commercial sustainability. But can free speech survive hard times?
2. Prizes: three prizes will be given: a first prize of $1500 plus a certificate from the Canadian Commission for UNESCO, a second prize of $750 plus a certificate, and a third of $500 and certificate. All sums are in Canadian dollars. Ten additional cartoons will receive an 'Award of Excellence.' Regrettably no financial remuneration accompanies the Awards of Excellence.
3. Only one cartoon will be accepted from each cartoonist. It may be either in color or black and white and must not have won an award.
4. The size of the cartoon should not exceed A4; 21 by 29.2 cm; or 8.50 by 11 inches.
5. The name, address, telephone number and a short biography of the cartoonist must be included in the submission.
6. The Canadian Committee for World Press Freedom shall have the rights to use any of the cartoons entered in the Competition for promotion of our Editorial Cartoon Competition and World Press Freedom Day. Entrance by the cartoonist is deemed acceptance of this condition.
7. The winners of the Cartoon Competition will be announced at the World Press Freedom Day Luncheon held at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa, Canada on May 3, 2013 as well as being advised by e-mail. The winner's names and their cartoons will be posted on the CCWFP web site: http://www.ccwpf-cclpm.ca/
8. The winning cartoons will be exhibited at the luncheon.
The deadline for receipt of cartoons is 5 p.m. GMT, Friday, March 29, 2013.
Send submissions by e-mail to : email@example.com
Cartoons should be in jpeg format at 300 dpi
Post a Comment